Citi Refund Inquiry
- Citi customers who were enrolled in AccountCare, Balance Protector, Credit Protection, Payment Safeguard, Credit Protector, PaymentAid, Citi IdentityMonitor, Watch-Guard Preferred, and/or Job Loss Protection services may be entitled to cash money in the form of a refund
- Citi and Department Stores National Bank, N.A sent letters out to customers who may be entitled to a refund
- Customers who were enrolled in one of these programs without their consent ay be entitled to a refund
Citi.com/RefundInquiry is operated by CitiGroup and any questions in regards to the Citi Refund web page can be directed to 888-849-1215. Those who received more than one notification letter will have to file a separate claim for each incident that took place. It is not required for the customer to be a current card holder or Citi account member in order to file a claim.
- A must for anyone who were enrolled in AccountCare, Balance Protector, Credit Protection, Payment Safeguard, Credit Protector, PaymentAid, Citi IdentityMonitor, Watch-Guard Preferred, and/or Job Loss Protection services
- Citi customers can also file a claim by dialing the toll-free number found on the back of the Citi credit card
- Those who received a refund inquiry letter from Citi but lost the reference number should dial 1-888-849-1215
- Citi.com/RefundInquiry can also be used to update an address
- The amount of money any one claimant will receive is not known at this time
In order to submit a claim for a potential refund or credit the customer will have to provide the reference number as found on the notification letter and their name (please enter the exact name associated with the Citi account). Customers looking to contact the CitiGroup corporate office in regards to this issue can write to: 399 Park Ave. New York, NY 10022… please include an account number, name, and return phone number or address.