Flushmate Class Action Lawsuit
- Exploding toliets are the subject of the class action lawsuit entitled United Desert Charities, et al. v. Sloan Valve Company, et al.,
- Class members contend that the Sloan Valve Company sold Flushmate Systems that may unexpectedly leak and/or burst
Class members in the lawsuit are defined as anyone who owned a toilet that was equiped with a Series 503 Flushmate III Pressure-Assist Flushing System (please note that the toilet did not have to “explode” in order to file a claim in the case). The $18 million dollar settlement was reached in January 2014 after nine months of drawn out, tiresome negotiations.
Which type of toilets included this “Flushmate System”? According to case documents the following toilets were sold with the defective Flushmate system: American Standard, Crane, Ecotech, Eljer, Gerber, Kohler, Mancesa, Mansfield, Orion, St. Thomas, Universal Rundle, Vitra, Vitromex and Western Pottery.
In some cases the “exploding” toilets may have cause property damage or even bodily harm BUT the Flushmate Class Action Lawsuit does NOT cover personal injury, only property damage. The deadline to file a claim in the case is cited as 9/24/2016.
United Desert Charities, et al. v. Sloan Valve Company Notes
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- The fairness hearing is scheduled for 8/24/2014
- Sloan is being represented by DENTONS US LLP
- Class members who elect to file a claim in the United Desert Charities, et al. v. Sloan Valve Company will be represented by seven different law firms to include the likes of LIEFF CABRASER HEIMANN & BERNSTEIN, LLP AND LIEFF CABRASER HEIMANN & BERNSTEIN, LLP
Any questions about the case can be directed to Flushmate Claims Administrator P.O. Box 1272 Lancaster, CA 93584 or by Phone:(877) 412-5277… Flushmate Toilet System class members looking to fax a document can do so by sending it to: (661) 951-0978
Here is a video describing a incident associated with the Flushmate Toilet System: